Young Artists Awards, Inc.
The Young Artists Awards, Inc. is a performing arts education, audition, performance, and scholarship program for students from throughout Southwest Florida ages eight to twenty-one. The project recognizes the area's top talented students in the performing arts. Now beginning our eleventh year, the mission of the Young Artists Awards program is to provide performing arts opportunities and scholarships in the areas of dance, drama, vocal and instrumental music performance and to provide a showcase for the talents of our local youth We are a 501 (c) (3) organization.
By providing young performers access to professionals in the various performing arts fields, students receive positive feedback and educational exposure through adjudicated open auditions held on four full days and a gala performance featuring the top judged students in each category at our eleventh annual Gala at the Broadway Palm Dinner Theatre. We will be awarding thirty-three scholarships and opportunities to collaborate with educators and professional artists.
We are the only open, comprehensive performing arts education, competition, performance and scholarship program that provides written feedback to all participants in our area. Forty-one judges from throughout the nation volunteered their time as adjudicators last year. The intent of the program is to provide an enhanced view of young artists and the cultural climate in Southwest Florida. We also collaborate with other area organizations to provide additional opportunities for our student participants, as well as providing additional performances and events throughout the area.
Through our "Art by Kids with Cancer" project, working in conjunction with the staff at the Pediatric Oncology/Hematology program at the Golisano Children's Hospital of Southwest Florida, we showcase and auction the artwork of children with cancer. Our program donates and delivers art supplies to the hospital throughout the year, and provides a monetary benefit to families in crisis facing the challenges of childhood cancer through the Family Emergency Fund. We have developed partnerships with the Arts for ACT Gallery, the Alliance for the Arts, BIG ARTS on Sanibel and other organizations to exhibit and sell the artwork at community shows.
- Monthly performances at Art Walk in downtown Fort Myers. First Friday of every month at various Art Walk venues. Please visit our Facebook page for updates on monthly locations, times, and dates for Art Walk and other community performances.
- Cabaret and Cabernet. October 5, 2013. An evening of entertainment, libations, and delectable sweet and savory items. The event will be held at the Alliance for the Arts/Foulds Theatre at 10091 McGregor Blvd, Fort Myers. The doors open at 6:00. Tickets are only $35. Featured performances by past and current winners of the Young Artists Awards will be on stage and in the gallery. Proceeds from the event and silent auction will benefit student scholarships in the performing arts. Call Young Artists Awards at 239-574-9321 to reserve your tickets.
- 2014 Young Artists Awards Auditions. January 18, 19, 25, and 26. Held at the Alliance for the Arts. Dance, drama, instrumental music, classical voice, contemporary voice or musical theatre. Students must be preregistered to participate.
- Eleventh Annual Gala at the Broadway Palm Dinner Theatre, March 10, 2014. Featuring the performances of student finalists, local performing groups and a silent auction. Thirty-three scholarships to be awarded. Including the Audience Choice Award- audience members vote for their favorite performer. Hosted by Lois Thome of WINK-TV. Dinner 6 PM, Show 7:00 PM. Tickets are $45 and sponsorship opportunities are available..
- Art by Kids with Cancer. Exhibit and sale of artwork from the Golisano Children's Hospital of Southwest Florida to benefit families experiencing the financial challenges of childhood cancer. Exhibits scheduled at BIG ARTS, Arts for ACT Gallery, Alliance for the Arts, Harbour View Gallery, and other venues throughout the community. Call 239-574-9321 for specifics or visit our Facebook page for weekly updates on locations and openings.
“The Young Artists Awards, Inc. project is a 501(c)(3) organization dependent on community support.”